Ms. D. Fuller Ed.S ELA PAGE
Welcome to the P.A.C.E. Academy and English class! I am excited to work with you and your child! I know we will have a successful, productive year and I look forward to being a part of the academic progress your child will make. My particular style of teaching is based on three things: setting high expectations for EVERY student, showing respect for all students and expecting respect in return, and last, but certainly not least, parental involvement. It is my belief that when parents and teachers work together a student can accomplish anything.
There are various ways I would appreciate your support at home:
- Ask your child what they learned in school that day. Emphasize the importance of homework and hard work. As they will have English homework every night, please help them to establish a regular time and place (away from the TV) to complete their homework.
- You can stay up to date on your child’s English homework and assignments by checking their notebooks and PowerSchool.
I have set high standards for our classroom. Being prepared for class on a daily basis is a requirement for all students. Please send your child to school with the required supplies.
Needed at Home
Novels (Stay at Home)
· Blue or Black Pens
· Loose leaf paper (college ruled)
· 2 inch 3 ring binder
· 5 Tab Dividers
· 2- two pocket three prong folders
· 4- one subject notebooks
· Box of Tissue/ Hand sanitizer- If students choose not to donate, they will be responsible for bringing their own.
The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
All quiet on the Western Front by Erich Remarque
A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose
Please do not wait for formal conferences to discuss any concerns you have with me. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to frequent communication with you as we work together to ensure your child’s success!
Ms. Desiree’ Fuller Ed.S
Attendance and Participation
- Students are expected to attend all classes, to have completed the readings, projects, and assignments before the start of class, and to be active and involved in class discussion.
- Class participation is a major element within this course. Students are evaluated several times throughout the week. In the event that a student has an unexcused absence and there was an in-class assignment for that day, it cannot be made up.
- ALL students are expected to email Ms. Fuller for makeup work.
- Excused absences are considered excused upon receipt of an email or phone call from the parent of the student, verifying the conditions of the students’ absence. The parent of the student must contact the main office. Students cannot be excused by me, without clearance from the administration.
- Students with an excused absence who missed a major assessment will have the opportunity to make up the assignment within one week after their absence.
- ALL students are responsible for retrieving the material and completing the assignments that were missed.
- Students who arrive late to class must quietly wait for admission into class.
- Students who have a pass will be admitted immediately.
- Students without a pass will lose ten of their participation points for that day.